What you might not know is that CHA is part of a national pool of over 300 national associations, which allows us to offer our members special health and business insurance plans and rates through our partner, Association Health Programs.
Our year-round health and personal insurance programs are off to a big start in 2016. Many of our members are saving as much as 50% on their premiums! The program is a great opportunity for members who don’t have health insurance or can’t afford the very expensive plans offered through Healthcare Reform.
Visit www.associationpros.com/cha today to learn more!
In addition to regular health insurance, there are 5 basic types of personal insurance. Many people don’t realize that incorporating at least one of these can help alleviate a financial hardship later on.
- Disability Insurance provides you with a monthly payment which replaces part of your lost income due to an illness or injury. It allows you to maintain your standard of living if you are disabled or unable to work.
- Critical Illness Insurance pays you a lump sum amount on the first diagnosis of a serious medical condition (such as cancer, heart attack, etc.) covered by your policy. The payment allows you to cover additional costs incurred by the illness or to use for any other purpose during or after your recovery.
- Long Term Care Insurance provides payments if you require care in your home or in a facility, and allows you to cover some or all of the cost of long term care instead of using your savings. As a reminder, Medicare does not cover long-term care.
- Life Insurance pays a tax-free lump sum amount to your named beneficiaries upon your death. This allows your beneficiaries to pay off your debts and maintain their standard of living after you die.
- Supplemental Health Insurance covers a remaining portion of health care costs not covered by your regular health insurance, including Accident, Dental and Travel Insurance. These give you and your family access to health care you may need at home or abroad.
If you’re interested in learning more about CHA’s Health or Business Insurance Programs, contact Jason Baum, Director of Membership, today at 201.835.1218 or email@example.com.