Throughout the month of November we will feature the speakers and instructors who will be teaching courses at the 2013 Winter Conference January 11 – 14 in Anaheim, CA.
Connecting Digitally—Email Marketing and Online Classes/Demos
By Joe Rotella, CHA Website Expert and Chief Technical Officer, Usability Practice Director for Delphia Consulting
Connecting with your prospects and customers online is a great way for you to stay “top of mind.” Getting people to learn about your products and how to use them is often the best way to generate sales and referrals. Two ways to connect digitally are:
- Email campaigns
- Online classes or demonstrations
Email can be an effective way to communicate with your prospects and customers. Done right it can be an effective marketing tool. Done wrong and the consequences can vary from bad to catastrophic:
- Your email address can end up on a SPAM list, so future emails may not get delivered.
- Your recipients may lose interest and unsubscribe form your list.
- You can violate the CAN-SPAM Act—punishable by 3 to 5 years in federal prison, confiscation of property, or fines ranging from $250 to $2 million.
Webinars, web demos and online classes are also a great way to connect with your audience. Of course, face-to-face classes and demonstrations are great, but that can limit who you reach (because of distance, space or travel costs). And it’s hard to pick a date and time that makes everyone happy. If you can demonstrate or teach online, you can record the session and make it available over the web for folks to see at any time.
I’m betting this has you thinking…
- How do you know what’s allowed and what’s not when you create an email campaign?
- What is the CAN-SPAM Act and how do you remain in compliance with its rules and regulations?
- What platforms are available for online classes or demonstrations and how do they differ from one another?
- What are common best practices for online presentations?
It’s easy to find the answers to these questions! Join me for these two business seminars at the Winter 2013 CHA Conference & Trade Show.
I hope to see you there!
~ Joe Rotella
Conference Program registration is NOW OPEN! Click here for more information and to register.