With 56% of households crafting at least one project a year the Craft & Hobby Association (CHA) is proud to announce the 18th annual celebration of National Craft Month. Running the entire month of March, National Craft Month was started in 1994 as a way to help people discover the joy of crafting and all its many benefits. National Craft Month has grown from a handful of retailers and manufacturers into an international celebration of creativity with millions of participants underscoring the familiar and near-universal experience of crafting.
During National Craft Month retailers across the country offer product discounts, special classes, demonstrations, as well as tips and projects to help customers try and discover crafts. Here are five easy ways to celebrate National Craft Month this year whether online or in a craft store near you.
- Ana Araujo of WhenCreativityKnocks.com will be showcasing “must-have products” for the crafter, new techniques and project inspiration with contest giveaways each week at http://whencreativityknocks.com/mycraftspace . .
- F+W Mediais celebrating National Craft Month with Stitch Craft Create, a new magazine devoted to a creative lifestyle. Crafters can go to www.sccmag.blogspot.com to read about great projects, meet and interact with designers like Katie Hacker and Rebeca Mojica, learn new crafting techniques and above all ignite creative passion.
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores is inspiring consumers with daily new how-to videos, an online craft contest and more at www.joann.com.
- Michaels Stores is celebrating with a new web-based craft competition called Craft Masters at www.michaels.com/craftmasters.
- Independent retailers and crafters everywhere can share National Craft Month experiences, stories, photos and videos on CHA’s Facebook page, YouTube Channel (CraftandHobby), and Twitter (#NationalCraftMonth).
To learn more about what is happening during National Craft Month, to locate the nearest craft store, or for additional project ideas please visit www.craftplace.org.