CHA member, Michaels Stores issued a press release about its efforts to celebrate National Craft Month during March. See the complete release below.
Is your company celebrating National Craft Month? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us how…
Michaels Celebrates National Craft Month
— March is filled with free in-store events and new DIY webisodes —
IRVING, TX, February 23, 2010 /24-7PressRelease/ — Michaels, North America’s largest arts and crafts specialty retailer, celebrates National Craft Month in March with weekly in-store demonstrations, workshops and a new series of how-to webisodes.
The Craft & Hobby Association created National Craft Month more than 10 years ago as a way to introduce new generations to crafting. Michaels will provide new ideas and inspiration to everyone from beginners to experts with a full schedule of weekend events throughout the month at all its U.S. and Canada stores.
“Crafting is a creative and fun activity that the whole family can do together on any budget,” said Michaels Executive Vice President of Category Management Philo Pappas. “We look forward to providing new project ideas and techniques with our in-store demos, workshops, webisodes and in-store and online project sheets.”
Michaels National Craft Month events include:
– Saturday, March 6 (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.): Nick and Nora yarn doll demonstration with Vanna’s Choice(R) Lion Brand(R) Yarn. Cost: FREE
– Sunday, March 7 (1 p.m. – 5 p.m.): Art workshop for customers to make decorative canvas panels for the home using paints and brushes. Cost: FREE workshop with purchase of 3-pack canvas panels.
– Saturday, March 13 (1 p.m. – 5 p.m.): Beading workshop where customers can make and take four new unique jewelry pieces. Cost: FREE
– Sunday, March 14 (1 p.m. – 3 p.m.): Customers will learn to transform an ordinary 3″ clay pot and saucer into a garden ladybug. Cost: FREE workshop with purchase of $1 clay pot.
– Saturday, March 20 (1 p.m. – 3 p.m.): T-shirt decorating with fashion paint and Michaels Birthday Bash celebrating the “It’s My Birthday” kids’ party program. Cost: FREE workshop with purchase of t-shirt.
– Sunday, March 21 (1 p.m. – 3 p.m.): Easter decor workshop for customers to learn to make an egg-stravagant Easter chick inside a craft egg. Cost: FREE workshop with purchase of craft egg.
– Saturday, March 27 (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.): Kids can create spring projects like flowers with new Crayola(R) Model Magic(R) Presto Dots. Cost: FREE
– Sunday, March 28 (1 p.m. – 3 p.m.): Wilton(R) cookie decorating demonstration. Cost: FREE
A new series of Michaels’ popular how-to webisodes featuring Craft Expert Jo Pearson will launch February 22 on Michaels.com. Each webisode will show easy, step-by-step instructions for do-it-yourself Easter and spring projects like personalizing carvable Easter eggs, designing one-of-a-kind jewelry, making prom accessories out of Duck Tape and much more.
“National Craft Month is all about having fun and discovering new projects you can create for your home, family and friends,” said Jo Pearson, Michaels’ Creative expert for more than 20 years. “Whether you are a beginner or an expert, we’ll help you make something wonderful.”
Irving, Texas-based Michaels Stores, Inc. is North America’s largest specialty retailer of arts, crafts, framing, floral, wall decor, and seasonal merchandise for the hobbyist and do-it-yourself home decorator. The company currently owns and operates more than 1,020 Michaels stores in 49 states and Canada and over 150 Aaron Brothers stores. For more information visit http://www.Michaels.com.
# # #